Not so long time ago I recommended the Wilson Golf Launch Pad family of clubs for my readers who are slicers.
On the last day of 2019, Wilson launched its Wilson Staff Model Wedges. The new Wilson Staff Model wedges will replace the now three-year-old PMP line with two distinct versions:
- Wilson Staff Model Wedges,
- Wilson Staff Model HT Wedges (see below).
Featuring soft-forged 8620 Carbon Steel construction, the Staff Model Wedges provide golfers with a soft touch for increased feel.
Designed with machine-engraved scorelines in the precision-milled face, the wedges create tour-caliber spin and control that the most demanding golfers expect.
This is not the first time when Wilson is utilizing 8620 Carbon Steel, e.g.
I found the very same material in TaylorMade P790 irons (2nd generation) as well.
Availability & Specifications & Price
- Priced at $129.99,
- At golf retailers in the US from February 3, 2020.
- The Wilson Staff Model Wedges feature True Temper Dynamic Gold 120 steel shafts and Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips.
- The wedges are available in 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, and 60-degree options;
- 52, 56, and 60-degree options are available for left-handed players.
Wilson Staff Model HT Wedges
The all-new Wilson Staff Model High-Toe Wedges combine a high toe and wide sole with a 431 stainless steel head to allow for enhanced shot-making when approaching the green.
The high toe and wide sole construction provide players with the flexibility to vary loft.
The idea of the high toe is not totally new. You can find it in Ping Eye 2 or even in Callaway Golf’s Mack Daddy PM-Grind wedge.
- The Wilson Staff Model High-Toe Wedges come in 56, 60 and 64-degree options.
- Price: $129.99 per wedge.
- The wedges also feature True Temper Dynamic Gold 120 steel shaft and a Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip.