Do you remember when I wrote about the new Titleist EXP01 golf ball concept in November 2019? It was a prototype created during the development process for what has now become the Titleist Tour Speed golf ball.
The new Titleist Tour Speed golf ball is trying to challenge these competitors:
- Callaway Chrome Soft: available since 3/12/20. The price is $47.99 per dozen.,
- Bridgestone Tour B RX,
- TaylorMade Tour Response,
- Srixon Z-STAR and
- Srixon Q-STAR TOUR,
To understand the development process let me share with you again the essence of the Titleist EXP01 golf ball. It is a multilayer construction with a high-performance urethane cover formulation:
- MTR DEVELOPMENTAL COVER SYSTEM: The short game spin enhancing urethane prototype cover was developed through Titleist’s relentless material and process experimentation.
- INNOVATIVE CORE TECHNOLOGY: A high-speed core construction and specialized casing layer deliver low spin on long game shots for great distance and tight dispersion.
- PROPRIETARY 346 DIMPLE DESIGN: Through testing, the proprietary aerodynamic package has demonstrated an optimized flight profile for peak performance.
Now let’s see what has changed in the golf ball since the Titleist EXP01 golf ball concept emerged:
- Tour Speed’s thermoplastic urethane (TPU) cover is proprietary Titleist golf ball technology specifically formulated by R&D chemists, delivering greenside spin for short game scoring control with a soft feel.
- The exceptional distance of Tour Speed is enhanced by a new 346 quadrilateral dipyramid dimple design that provides a penetrating, consistent flight.
- Innovative three-piece design, delivering a unique combination of exceptional distance in the long game and precise short game scoring control.
The new Titleist Tour Speed golf balls are available in the U.S. beginning Friday, Aug. 7. MAP $39.99.