‘Women multiplier effect’
Forbes says if the consumer economy had a sex, it would be female. Women drive 70-80% of all consumer purchasing, through a combination of their buying power and influence.
In 2017, they estimated that the “female economy” was worth $18 trillion, and it’s grown since then.
I read in many places that women are traveling much more than ever before and looking for culture-rich experiences that promise memories to last a lifetime.
TripAdvisor found that 59 percent more female travelers in 2018 sought out cultural experiences over sandy beaches.
The Elle magazine said 34% female travelers welcome someone or something to do the hard work for them and make travel recommendations.
41% of them are appreciating if travel brands use such technologies as AI (Artificial intelligence; e.g. Pebble Beach Resort’s virtual concierge service is based on this technology) to make relevant travel suggestions based on their past travel experience.
Another interesting major trend is solo travel in 2019. We also have to understand that women are influencers and there is a ‘women multiplier effect’, which should not be underestimated.
Female golfers & golf destinations in Italy
For the above-mentioned reasons, I thought to find out where are the progressive and female golfer committed golf clubs in Italy.
I don’t how many of you heard of and following the Women’s Golf Day initiative, but on 4th June will be the 2019 Women’s Golf Day where even 3 Italian golf clubs will participate in it to help to raise the awareness of women’s participation in golf:
Women’s Golf Day is an international community dedicated to engaging, empowering and supporting women through golf.
My very first impression was that those golf holiday packages that are designed for female golfers today hardly offer anything beyond golf experience and fixed tee times during the stay.
I was able to find only one company, Italy4golf who has got a completely different approach and great understanding of female golfers’ needs and expectations.
To please female golf tourists Italy4golf created two packages:
- Ladies’ Golf & Fashion package includes all-inclusive and 4* hotel, Garda Lake, local food & wine, historical and unique locations, Milan with a personal shopper. Learn more here.
- Tuscany 4 Ladies package includes all-inclusive and 4* hotel, premium golf clinic with Federica Dassù, a personal shopper in Florence, visits to artists and artisans ateliers, pizza class…
They show to female golfers how they can combine golf experience with wellness, gastronomy (e.g. wines), and cultural experiences (e.g. The Grande Museo del Duomo Museum, Palazzo Pitti in Florence).
Just think about spending your golf holiday near such cities as Milan, Florence, and Rome. It is so great that you don’t have to be stuck in a golf resort/club, but go out to the nearby cities, historical cities, national parks.
If female golfers go in solo or with their families, they will find attractions for themselves within and/or outside the selected golf clubs of their golf holiday.
This what makes Italy so attractive as a golf tourism destination.
Italian golf clubs for female golfers
I would recommend visiting the following 5 Italian golf clubs:
- Gardagolf County Club: it has a GEO Certified golf course + received the IAGTO Sustainability Awards in 2018. Who does not like to spend some time in Lake Garda, Italy’s largest lake? It is about halfway between Brescia and Verona, and between Venice and Milan.
- Golf Della Montecchia: it offers beyond 27-holes golf course, Finnish sauna, gym, and swimming pool.
- Franciacorta Golf Club: The 27-hole course Franciacorta Golf Club is situated in the heart of Franciacorta, in the province of Brescia. What really impressed me is the proximity of 18 wine cellars!!! Be careful with the wine tasting! 😉
- Firenze Golf dell’Ugolino: I think the surrounding meadowland, studded with cypresses and pines are really captivating.
- Golf Club Milano: do I need to explain what makes this golf club so attractive? 😉 If you are coming with your partner, he will enjoy the stay as well because of the proximity of Monza. Here you will find three routes inside the majestic wood of the Park of the Villa Reale of Monza, which covers an area of almost 700 hectares, and it is one of the biggest and most ancient parks of Europe and certainly, the biggest one completely surrounded by walls.
If you need more insights, recommendations please feel free to ask or visit www.italy4golf.com.
This article is brought to you by Italy4golf.