Longbow Golf Club is not a new venue for the LPGA. Longbow Golf Club previously hosted the Symetra Tour Gateway Classic from 2013-2015 and in 2017.
The 2015 event was particularly noteworthy as Hannah O’Sullivan became the youngest winner in Symetra Tour history (16 years, 9 months, 11 days) and retains the distinction as the youngest ever and most recent amateur to capture a Symetra Tour title.
The Symetra Tour will announce the official name and sponsor of the new event in the coming weeks.
The 2020 Symetra Tour season is scheduled to restart July 8-10 in Maineville, Ohio at the Prasco Charity Championship, postponed two weeks from its initial dates.
A total of 16 tournaments will be played on the revamped “Road to the LPGA” slate, compared to 20 on the original calendar. The season-ending Symetra Tour Championship will now be played November 3-6 in Davidson, North Carolina at River Run Country Club.
Curiousities of Longbow Golf Club
- Opened in 1997.
- Named after the Apache Longbow Helicopter, which McDonnell Douglas Aircraft Company and its successor The Boeing Company named after the weapon used by the iconic medieval archer.
- Bob McNichols purchased the club in 2001 and commissioned a total course renovation completed in 2003, led by original course architect Ken Kavanaugh.
- In 2003: was introduced the redesigned golf course (length: 7,050 yards) with a striking new clubhouse, expanded acreage and totally revamped practice facility
- Yardages: 7,050 from The Tips; 6,513 from The Championship; 5,830 from The Regular; 5,202 from the Forward tees.
- The Fisher Bryan Golf Academy has been at home with Longbow Golf Club for ten years, teaching and coaching beginners and advanced, juniors and adults, assisting juniors and their families with opportunities for scholarship advancement to colleges and universities around the globe.
- You can use Golfboard instead of classic golf carts.
- Managed by Troon since January 2019.