Titleist has just announced that by launching the new Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled 6 wedges, they would like to establish a new performance standard. Therefore, during the development of the new Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled 6 wedges they focused on 3 key areas of wedge play:
- distance gapping,
- shot versatility and
- spin control.
What are the novelties of the new wedges?
- New Progressive Center of Gravity (CG) design aligns the CG with the impact position of each loft to produce precise distance and trajectory control with exceptional feel.
- Low Loft (46º-52º) SM6 models feature a low CG that increases ball speed on average by 1.5 mph (3-5 yards).
- Mid lofts (54º & 56º) feature a mid CG position, precisely aligned between the low lofts and high lofts, that provides precise distance gapping and exceptional feel.
- High lofts (58º-62º) feature a high CG position that produces tighter distance dispersion, improved trajectory control and better feel. It is visible technology, highlighted by a raised upper section.
- 100% inspected proprietary Spin Milled TX4 grooves and face texture. They’ve got sharper, more consistent groove edge. TX4 grooves feature 2 groove geometries: a narrower, deeper groove for the 46º-54º lofts; and a wider, shallower groove in the 56º-62º lofts.
The new Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled 6 wedges will be available in golf shops beginning March 11, Vokey SM6 wedges are available in 46º to 62º lofts and three finishes: Tour Chrome, Steel Gray and Jet Black (raw).
Pricing: $149 MAP ($169 MSRP).