Glenmuir has a longstanding history of supporting PGA events. Therefore, it is not a big surprise that company will continue its title sponsorship of this year’s Foremost Golf Championship.
The game will be played at The Oxfordshire Golf Club on Monday 27th June where Andrew George of Ely City will defend his title, the total prize fund of £8,500 will see the 2016 champion take home £2,500, including £1,500 in Glenmuir vouchers.
Foremost members who will play, they will receive a £100 voucher to spend on any Glenmuir brand (including Sunderland and MacWet).
I found a couple of interesting facts about the golf course of The Oxfordshire Golf Club:
- It is the 1st golf course design project of Rees Jones (son of Robert Trent Jones Sn.) in the UK.
- 4 lakes and 135 bunkers can be found on the golf course.
- a former European Tour venue.
It is interesting to see that in 2015 sports apparel and equipment worldwide were the 3rd most active sponsors of golf events (see chart below).
At the same time Glenmuir (and sponsors in general) should think about how to manage 4 major challenges:
- How to maximize venue development;
- How to use social media during the event to provide real-time updates (e.g. by Periscope, Facebook Live);
- How to enhance fan & participant experience by giving them activities and sights to see. This can generate memories and emotional engagement with your brand. Of course, it can be used to showcase your community.
Has something add to this story? Share it in the comments!