Lexi Thompson (ranked #5 in the world) has just signed a long-term extension with Cobra Puma Golf. It seems like that with her victory at the Honda LPGA Thailand she was able to convince Cobra PUMA Golf to extend her sponsorship. Cobra PUMA Golf is helping Lexi Thompson since she has become a professional golfer in 2010.
I could only guess how much she can get in endorsement pay. She is the 18th best earning LPGA Tour professional ($888,571). What is sure is Lydia Ko (ranked #1 in the world; 53 TOP10s, 14 victories since 2014) made $2.8 million in official LPGA money in 2015, with an estimated $750,000 in endorsement pay.
Since 2010 Lexi Thompson won 7 titles:
- 2011: Navistar LPGA Classic
- 2013: Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia, Lorena Ochoa Invitational Presented by Banamex
- 2014: Kraft Nabisco Championship
- 2015: Meijer LPGA Classic presented by Kraft, LPGA KEB Hana Bank Championship
- 2013, 2015: Solheim Cup
Lexi Thompson will continue to be part of PUMA’s key marketing initiatives including the recently launched DO YOU campaign designed to inspire women to stay true to themselves and defy the status quo.
Bob Philion, President & CEO, COBRA PUMA GOLF said “In the past six years, she has helped us grow our women’s business and establish our brand as the go-to source for stylish, fun, high-performance equipment, footwear, and apparel for women. We are excited to extend our relationship with her as she continues her career, inspiring the next generation of golfers.”
Currently, she is playing with:
- Driver: Cobra PUMA Golf KING F7+ black colorway; weight forward | Fujikura Pro 53x (in the bag for the first time this week!)
- 3 Wood: KING LTD 3wd 13° Lexi Stripe | Graphite Design GPs
- Hybrid: FLY-Z 2/3 in Black | Aldila Green NV 85 Stiff
- Irons: Cobra S2 Forged irons 4-PW | Rifle Project X 5.0 shafts
- Wedges: Tour Trusty | 50°, 55°, 60°