Do you remember, when I wrote about the renovation of The Cape Club (formerly Ballymeade Country Club; managed by Troon) in last March? This renovation project is now almost complete. The Cape Club by Troon, located on Cape Cod in Falmouth, Mass. will open for daily-fee play on Wednesday, August 3rd.
After the reopening of The Cape Club by Troon, the members and their guest will find after the opening a completely new golf course.
What people, the so-called connected customers will enjoy: the GPS enabled golf cart fleet + the USB charging ports. So kudos to Troon and The Cape Club by Troon for understanding and embracing the latest trends. I assume they will also provide free Wi-Fi on the golf course. If my assumption is right, then there is no obstacle for co-creating great golf experience.
“The new Cape Club by Troon offers the quality of a private club, but it is open to the public,” said Ryan Payne, director of golf at The Cape Club. “Together with Troon, we’ve created a first-class golf destination designed to enhance a member for the day experience.”
What are the new features of The Cape Club by Troon?
- Elevated tee boxes with ocean and scenic Cape Cod views
- Dramatic water features on holes 9 and 18 that presents a challenging finish to each nine
- Augusta white-sand bunkers
- Wide, contoured fairways
- Cart paths materials were created using white crushed stone to match the look of the Augusta white-sand bunkers
- Large contoured green complexes
- Plus, a new state of art golf cart fleet with GPS yardage, F&B ordering capabilities, USB charging ports for mobile device charging and bucket seats.