It seems like, the Troon-managed Abu Dhabi Golf Club was able to keep up the outstanding customer experience performance from last year. In 2015, they received the “Best Golf Course above 500 AED of the Year” at the Middle East Golf Awards (MEGA).
This year, they triumphed in 2 categories:
- ‘Best Overall Club Experience’ which was decided by a public vote considering important experience factors including customer service, accessibility to practice facilities, golf course value for money, food and beverage offerings, locker room facilities and added extras.
- Danny Jakubowski received the ‘Best Teaching Professional’ award for demonstrating great ability to improve players, exceptional enthusiasm to coaching.
- Abu Dhabi’s Director of Golf, Callum Nicholl, captured the PGA Order of Merit (Player of the Year) honors for an incredible sixth year in a row.
In addition to Abu Dhabi Golf Club, 4 other Troon-managed golf clubs received recognition:
- Saadiyat Beach Golf Club received the ‘Golf Course Maintenance Team of the Year’ award where judges recognized the all-around world-class standards of the Gary Player oceanfront course including the course’s sustainability and year-round playability.
- Tom Rourke celebrated becoming Director of Golf of the year for his services at The Track, Meydan Golf.
- The Els Club, Dubai celebrated success with the ‘Best F&B Team’.
- Elliot Gray was awarded the prestigious General Manager of the year for his role at Arabian Ranches Golf Club in Dubai.
- The Collaboration of the Year saw The Track, Meydan Golf and Golf DXB bringing golf to the local community providing a series of group programs to maximize the enjoyment of the game in a fun and engaging environment.
If I were a golf club, I would be the happiest for the ‘Best Overall Club Experience’ award, since nothing more important than the guest experience. Within it, I would invest in mobile solutions (e.g. mobile check-in) to provide an uninterrupted stay in my golf club.