Troon has been selected at the beginning of January to manage The Lodge of Four Seasons in Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri. Troon will not just oversee the operations of the 358 room resort, but will also manage the property’s two 18-hole golf courses and marina operations.
Some interesting fact about The Lodge of Four Seasons:
- Was founded in 1964 by Harold Koplar, father of current owner, Susan (Koplar) Brown;
- Set on 3,500 waterfront acres;
- The Lodge of Four Seasons offers more than 60,000 square feet of meeting space, five unique dining experiences, four swimming pools, a full-service marina and the nationally recognized Spa Shiki.
- Two 18 hole golf courses:
- The Cove, an 18-hole, par-71 Robert Trent Jones, Sr. design;
- The Ridge, an 18-hole, par-72 Ken Kavanaugh layout.
Troon must be very familiar with the area and the local market since they are managing The Club at Porto Cima a private facility (features an 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Design, a 17,000 square-foot clubhouse and a Yacht Club) located across the lake from The Lodge of Four Seasons.
In, 2016 The Lodge of Four Seasons went through a $15 million renovation. As part of the renovation, the full-service, 358-room golf resort and spa underwent a complete remodeling (including landscaping and swimming pool updates, new roads, walking trails, lighting, carpet, painting, furniture, and wall coverings to total restaurant renovations).
Last year, The Lodge of Four Seasons featured dynamic pricing at its courses instead of traditional flat green-fee rate. They introduced another interesting payment solution in 2017: paying by the hour ($10 per hour (plus tax) for golf and a cart). I think this unique payment solution can have a positive impact on pace-of-play as well.