Troon has been selected to manage Saddle Creek Golf Resort, a semi-private golf club in Copperopolis, California.
Troon Golf, the resort and daily-fee club operations division of Troon, will manage the golf, restaurant, bungalow rentals, and club operations at Saddle Creek.
These are the key facts of Saddle Creek Golf Resort:
- Opened in 1996;
- A property spread out over 900 acres in the Sierra foothills a two-hour drive east of San Francisco.
- Features an 18-hole, Carter Morrish-designed golf course (stretching more than 6,800 yards), and expansive Lodge;
- Golf Digest named the Carter Morrish design among the Best New Upscale courses for 1997.
- GOLF Magazine named Saddle Creek “One of America’s Most Underrated Courses,” in 2007.
- In 2008 GOLF counted Saddle Creek, “No. 12 Public Access Course in California.”
- The ZAGAT Survey for 2007/08 identified Saddle Creek among “America’s Top Golf Courses.”
- The property’s Lodge Bungalows are located just a short walk from the Saddle Creek Lodge. Each Bungalow offers a master suite with its own bathroom, and a second bedroom and bathroom. Amenities include fully-equipped kitchens, a wood burning fireplace, and media center in the great room, and wireless Internet throughout.
- Residents and guests of Saddle Creek can also enjoy the beauty of the Quail trail with miles of hiking trails and mountain biking and nearby skiing, snowmobiling, and the nearby Lake Tulloch. Additional diversions are the sports club, featuring a 3,000-square-foot facility offering yoga and aerobic classes, a large pool, kids’ wading pool, and a Jacuzzi spa.
I think that is all that we should know about Saddle Creek Golf Resort.