The Clubmark accreditation is based on 4 criterias / development areas:
- Activity / Playing program – they are checking the opportunities you provide, when you are providing them, how you are delivering them and by whom.
Dutyof Care & Welfare – the sport offered by the Club is in a safe environment.
- Knowing your Club & Community = promoting the right culture. They are checking if you have the right policies, practices, and ethos encourage all members to adopt an inclusive, friendly approach to the sport.
- Club Management – the quality of golf club management.
There are now more than 14,000 Clubmark accredited clubs across over 50 different sports.
England Golf is measuring the performance of a golf club in 4 areas:
- Recruitment & Retention,
- Management & sustainability,
- Coaching & Competition,
If I were them, I would add these sustainability standards as well:
- Site Protection,
- Resource Management,
- Access & Equity,
- Community Legacy (e.g. local youth involvement).
As of today, we can play on 2 golf courses at Ramsdale Park Golf Centre.
One of them is a Martin Hawtree & Simon Gidman designed Par 71 golf course. It was built in 1992.