Ramsdale Park Golf Centre (a BGL Golf venue in Nottinghamshire), a 36-hole golf complex has received England Golf’s coveted GolfMark award, which also incorporates Clubmark.
For those of us who are not living in the UK, this is
The Clubmark accreditation is based on 4 criterias / development areas:
- Activity / Playing program – they are checking the opportunities you provide, when you are providing them, how you are delivering them and by whom.
Dutyof Care & Welfare – the sport offered by the Club is in a safe environment.
- Knowing your Club & Community = promoting the right culture. They are checking if you have the right policies, practices, and ethos encourage all members to adopt an inclusive, friendly approach to the sport.
- Club Management – the quality of golf club management.
There are now more than 14,000 Clubmark accredited clubs across over 50 different sports.
England Golf is measuring the performance of a golf club in 4 areas:
- Recruitment & Retention,
- Management & sustainability,
- Coaching & Competition,
If I were them, I would add these sustainability standards as well:
- Site Protection,
- Resource Management,
- Access & Equity,
- Community Legacy (e.g. local youth involvement).
As of today, we can play on 2 golf courses at Ramsdale Park Golf Centre.
One of them is a Martin Hawtree & Simon Gidman designed Par 71 golf course. It was built in 1992.