The American golf club management company will oversee clubhouse operations, golf course maintenance, marketing, sales, staffing, merchandising, golf instruction and financial management of the Ocean Course at Hokuala.
The 18-hole championship design will be supported by Billy Casper Golf’s regional and national teams for expert guidance in business decisions.
The golf course is a Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course:
- the original plan was to build a 27-hole layout;
- formerly known as the Kiele Course at Kauai Lagoons;
- average wind speed: 5 mph;
- par-72, 7,335 yards;
- was renovated in 2016:
- Tif Eagle grass introduced on the front nine green. Tif Eagle grass is the most popular of the ultradwarfs and boasts the best shade tolerance of the three, but produces more grain and is the least cold tolerant.
- The bunkering was also renovated, with new drainage, liners and white silica sand put in place.
- The practice facility has also been redesigned, and two large grass tee areas featuring ten target greens are now in place.
- The Ocean Course is part of Timbers Kaua‘i Ocean Club & Residences, a new private residential club which opened June 1, 2018, on the island’s picturesque southeast coast.
- Timbers Kaua‘i sits on a 450-acre natural amphitheater which offers unobstructed views of the Pacific Ocean and Haupu mountain range.
- Longest seaside holes: over a ½ mile of breathtaking ocean views from the 13th green through the 16th green.
Here are some of the accolades of the Ocean Course at Hokuala:
- 2019 “Top 200 Courses Nationwide” – Golfweek
- 2018 “Best-In-State, #11 in Hawai‘i” – Golfweek
- 2018 “Hawai‘i’s Best Golf Course” – World Golf Awards
- 2017 “North America’s Best Golf Course” – World Golf Awards
- 2016 “Best Public Courses, #9 in Hawai‘i” – GOLF Magazine
- “One of the World’s Most Beautiful Courses” – MSN Travel
- “Most Underrated Golf Resort in Hawai‘i” – Travel + Leisure Golf
The Ocean Course at Hokuala – My remarks
Some of you might read my article of Golf International de Pont Royal‘s (France) golf academy or more recently about Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf & Spa‘s (Spain) or Education City Golf Club‘s (Qatar) golf academy.
What is common in them that they have invested a lot in their golf academy by utilizing the latest training aid solutions like hi-tech K-Coach Motion Learning System, new Swing Catalyst Video Analysis Software, FlightScope Golf, Technogym equipment, etc.
I am telling this because I really miss this level of service at the Hokuala Teaching Center. This could be a good way of creating an exceptional customer experience and building explicit links to value.
It is not a good thing if a future customer cannot find the answers to all of his questions on their website. Or not well described and presented.
But at least they have got a live chat service that can help people to answer their questions, generate bookings and even grow the customer database.
Don’t underestimate the importance of email marketing and online newsletters by hiding or giving not so obvious menu name like “Stay in touch”. I would call this menu as Newsletter. If you need more help on this topic, then drop me an email.
With all honesty, if I were looking for a private residential club I could not find any particular reason why to buy a house here.
Yes, to be in Hawaii and have ocean view plus playing on a Jack Nicklaus Signature course is great, but not enough for me.
Feel free to convince me! 🙂