Troon Privé, the private club operating division of Troon, will oversee golf, club and food & beverage operations as well golf course agronomy and membership marketing.
If you have not been to The Virginian then these are the most important facts:
- Set in the Highlands of Virginia, between the Blue Ridge and the Appalachian Mountains;
- The clubhouse and golf course are the centerpieces of The Virginian luxury community.
- The Tom Fazio-designed golf course (7,025-yard) opened in 1992 and is ranked as one of the state’s top golf courses by both Golf Digest and Golfweek.
- The practice facility is complete with a practice range, short game/bunker areas, massive practice green, and three practice holes.
- The Virginian’s 44,000 square-foot clubhouse features a main dining room with a dry-stacked fieldstone fireplace at its center, a cathedral ceiling, and a newly-built 750 bottle capacity walk-in wine cellar with tasting area.
- The club’s Swim, Racquet & Fitness Center is complete with a Junior Olympic-size and a children’s pool, and four tennis courts (two clay and two hard surfaces), and features one of the top junior instruction programs in the region and a growing pickleball following.
- Its fitness center boasts the latest Nautilus and cardiovascular equipment, and an outside playground for kids to enjoy.
Construction is currently underway on 4 luxury yurts which will provide stay and play accommodations for national members as well as members of Troon Privé managed clubs through the Troon Privé Privileges program.
The yurts are expected to be completed this fall.
The yurts are a prelude to what will become the centerpiece of the property, a 28-room luxury boutique inn with a presidential suite, infinity pool, a 300-person banquet facility, and Hickory, the signature restaurant from acclaimed Chef Travis Milton.
Construction is underway, with a projected opening in mid-2021. Soon to follow the Inn’s opening will be a spa, fitness center, and a commissary kitchen, making Nicewonder Farm & Vineyards and The Virginian a unique destination for those seeking the best in lifestyle and golf amenities.
Kevin Nicewonder, Managing Member of the Nicewonder Group said recently:
“The Virginian and Nicewonder Farm & Vineyards (Bristol, Virginia) are undergoing a period of unprecedented expansion and growth”
Wine sales statistics & trends – 2019-2020
The Nicewonder Vineyards (since 2013) motivated me to collect you, what are the latest trends in the wine industry in the US.
Wine statistics from 2019 show us less volume in wine sales, but still show decent revenues (Source: Gomberg-Frederickson):
- Domestic wine: $47.9 billion;
- Imported wine: $24.5 billion;
- Total: $72.4 billion.
The total wine sales was $69.7 billion in 2018. Between 2018-2019 there was a 3.9% increase in sales.
The Silicon Valley Bank Wine Division says Millennials aren’t engaging with wine as hoped and retiring baby boomers seem to have a long tail.
Wellbeing – a holistic approach
The current coronavirus crisis proved well that we should take care seriously about our mental wellness as well. Today, 1 in 4 adults in the developed world suffers from anxiety.
We should offer mood enhancement, relaxation, stress- and anxiety relief services. Such services are very likely to be perceived as a value for our golf club members and guests.
So the big question is how can golf club like The Virginian become a wellbeing partner of its members.
What is less discussed today in the golf club industry is the mindfulness & conscious movement and its potential contribution to golf clubs’ overall customer experience.
The mindfulness and conscious movement are more than just yoga and pilates.
What I am missing at The Virginians are the proofs that they would sufficient attention to sustainability and environmental factors.