Last week Troon Privé has been selected to manage Southern Trace Country Club (since 1988). Previously ClubCorp managed the country club.
Troon will oversee golf, club and food & beverage operations as well golf course agronomy and membership marketing.
Southern Trace Country Club features a beautiful Arthur Hills-designed golf course that plays through open meadows and a dense oak forest.
The 7,015-yard golf course has appeared atop Golf Digest’s ranking of top courses in Louisiana several times and has a proud history of hosting high-level professional and amateur tournaments, including
- the WEB.Com Tour’s Southern Open from 1990-2002,
- multiple state amateur championships and
- the AJGA David Toms Junior Invitational.
The Southern Trace Country Club members also enjoy a host of club amenities, including
- 8 tennis courts;
- a resort-style swimming pool complex, and a fully-equipped fitness center;
- Arthur’s Bar and Grill overlooks the first hole, has two outdoor patios to dine al fresco and multiple televisions.
What do I miss at Southern Trace Country Club?
For me, the Southern Trace Country Club is just another private club. They have not properly focused on providing physical and mental wellbeing for their members and guests.
If I were Southern Trace Country Club I would provide these services:
- Helping people with digital detoxification: stress and anxiety can be lowered by 20 minutes walk. Stress is a key health concern.
- Virtual fitness
- Pure mineral water bathing.
- Sleep wellness: leading hotel chains like Pullman (an AccorHotel brand) is cooperating with Rythm, a neurotechnology company (Dreem is their product) to provide better sleep experience in their hotel rooms. I agree with those who are promoting the importance of better soundproofing and natural lighting.
It would be wise to think about how could the country club a wellbeing partner of the member. We should come up with solutions targeting the members at different life stages.