- golf, club,
- resort-style amenities,
- food & beverage operations,
- golf course agronomy,
- membership marketing as well as the community’s master association.
The gated Esplanade Golf & Country Club of Naples being developed by Taylor Morrison is three miles east of Interstate 75 on Immokalee Road. The gated community includes
- nearly 1,798 acres, 1,000 of which are preserves and wetlands, and another 170 of which are devoted to lakes.
- and 1,184 residential homes.
Esplanade Golf & Country Club – interesting facts
Esplanade Golf & Country Club features an 18-hole Chris Wilczynski-designed golf course (6,983-yard, par 72 course) that was named one of the “Best New Courses in America” by Golf Digest in 2014.
I was very happy to discover that the community’s wellness center. I’ll tell you a little bit later why. The wellness center includes:
- a fitness center with cardio and strength training machines, free weights, a movement studio;
- a variety of group fitness classes, personal training sessions, wellness seminars as well as spa and massage services;
- It also features a resort-style pool, tennis, pickleball, and bocce programs;
- The Amenity Center houses many member clubs and along with the Event Lawn which hosts monthly member-wide events.
The wellness trends to follow in 2021
I am expecting the following 6 wellness trends to dominate not just 2021 but also the coming years. I hope this American private golf &country club and yours will embrace these trends:
- Mental Wellness – Calm & Headspace are great apps that can help you to improve your guests’ mental wellness. This is a good example of the consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic. Quality sleeping is a new format of luxury. Novotel hotels have partnered with Calm to provide quality sleep, meditation, and relaxation for their guests. The lack of sleep is the biggest driver of low productivity in the workplace.
- Renewed interest in nature – due to the continuous lockdown, people will be very motivated to go to nature (e.g. walking, running, yoga, biking, etc.). Esplanade Golf & Country Club‘s lake area could be used for this purpose…
- Designing community spaces with a focus on activities that promote wellness.
- Golf clubs and resorts should embrace wellness as part of their core mission. Ogilvy’s The Wellness Gap study found 80% of customers say they want to improve their wellness. In 2018, the wellness economy was worth US$4,5 trillion: $828 billion = physical activity; $639 billion = wellness tourism; $134b = real estate. The Global Wellness Real Estate market is predicted to reach $180 billion by 2022.
- 2021-2022 will be about wellness travel.
- Purpose-led golf clubs and resorts will be able to grow 3x faster. Wellness makes purpose tangible (Source: Kantar). Do you know who you are built to serve or why do you exist? If your answer is yes to this question then you are in a good position to succeed. E.g. Marriott International’s TakeCare Certification, which recognizes organizations of all types for creating an environment that supports holistic wellbeing and growth.