I had been to Las Colinas Golf & Country Club (managed by Troon) on a FAM trip in 2018. I can still remember the challenging, Cabell B. Robinson-designed golf course. Jon Brook (Director of Golf & Sports) gave me plenty of ideas on how to achieve better results on the golf course.
Since my last visit to Las Colinas Golf & Country Club, they have
- added two new dining experiences (umawa restaurant, il Palco Italian restuarant) plus
- renovated and rebranded their Beach Club to ‘WOW Beach’.
Within 10 years, they were able to win four times ‘Spain’s Best Golf Course’ title at the World Golf Awards. In 2018 & 2019 at the European Property Awards won in the “Residential Development – Spain” category.
Named “Europe’s Leading Resort Villas” and “Spain´s Leading Villa Resort” at the 2020’s World Travel Awards and “Best Iberian Golf Resort” in 2020’s Luxlife Travel & Tourism Awards.
il Palco Italian restaurant – Las Colinas Golf & Country Club
Under the guidance of the resort’s new executive chef, Alfonso Lillo was il Palco Italian restaurant opened in 2020.
Now it serves fine international cuisine with a Mediterranean influence and locally sourced ingredients to satisfy different tastes.
The new umawa restaurant offers guests a new dining concept that fuses Nikkei cuisine with the best Mediterranean produce.
The Wow Club (previously Beach Club) is now ready with its new look and upgraded gastronomic offering. Golfers using the resort’s acclaimed 18-hole championship course will also enjoy an enhanced experience following a course redesign to increase sustainability.
Sustainability achievements – Las Colinas Golf & Country Club
- Participating in Golf Environment Organisation’s OnCourse program.
- The nature trails among native vegetation extend over a nature conservation area of 200,000 m².
- To reduce the volume of organic waste generated, pruning waste is reused for mulching in the green areas at the resort.
- Renewable energy sources: All electrical energy contracted holds a 100% Guaranteed Renewable Source Certificate.
- To reduce energy use associated with lighting, this includes converting to LED lights or installing automatic control systems.
- The golf cart fleet at the golf course is 100% electrical, which avoids greenhouse gas emissions and pollution from the use of fossil fuels and enhances environmental and human health.
- Avoiding single-use plastic!
- All cleaning products used at our facilities carry an ecological label.
- The restaurants in Las Colinas Golf & Country Club use biodegradable food packaging for takeaways while the plastic water bottles on the golf course have been replaced by recyclable cartons.
- Working to promote inclusion, via the Gmp Foundation.
- The local cultural heritage is also matters to Las Colinas Golf & Country Club.
Las Colinas Golf & Country Club is set to celebrate its 10th anniversary with a calendar of commemorative events from now until the autumn, with property owners, golf members, and resort guests all invited to take part.