One of the major B2B marketing trends in 2021 is retention marketing. Today, many companies know that returning customers are more likely to purchase from a company (e.g. John Deere) over time.
Fred Reichheld believes
Marketers’ operating costs to serve returning customers decline. What’s more, return customers refer others to your company.
In general, the following 6 methods are worth using for customer retention:
- Onboarding & Education
- Customer Training
- Constant Communication
- Ongoing customer support
- Surveys & testimonials
- Customer appreciation
I believe retention marketing has a huge role in keeping current customers engaged and building a deeper and longer-lasting relationship with them.
Potters Point & John Deere partnership – 25 years!
I will show in the following how the John Deere turf dealer Dublin Grass Machinery is providing
- ongoing customer support,
- customer appreciation.
The cooperation and partnership between Potters Point (a holiday and golf resort in County Wicklow, Ireland) and John Deere began 25 years ago. Now, Potters Point is upgrading its existing golf and turf maintenance fleet.
Potters Point is an exclusive luxury mobile home park owned by the Stone family and was established in 1957. Guests that are lucky enough to stay there have free access to the nine-hole parkland golf course extending to 40 acres that was developed in 1987.
When the existing John Deere equipment fleet was due to be updated, Potters Point manager Irene Lacey called on dealer Dublin Grass Machinery to supply the range of new machines. These include
- 8700A PrecisionCut fairway mower,
- 2653B PrecisionCut utility triplex mower,
- 2550E hybrid electric triplex greens mower,
- 220SL walk-behind greens mower,
- Two 3039R compact tractors,
- Three HPX 815E Gator utility vehicles.
The local John Deere golf and turf dealer, Dublin Grass Machinery (DGM), was established in 1981 and is now led by managing director Robert Mitchell. Having enjoyed such a long-term relationship with the dealership, Potters Point relies on DGM for its essential backup service.
Potters Point – future plans
Potters Point has plans to invest in additional John Deere equipment, particularly to replace a larger tractor that has been working faithfully at the resort since the very first machines were ordered in 1997.
Do you have a customer retention plan???
To succeed in retention marketing focus on these 5 principles:
- Deliver a seamless customer experience across all customer touch points.
- Adopt a more reactive, real-time approach to customer communications.
- Unlock the power of content as a value creating resource. (See: content marketing).
- Harness the power of social media to connect and empower customers.
- Leverage the moment in time and place personalisation opportunities afforded by mobile interactions.