You must have heard that Aldar Properties sold the Abu Dhabi Golf Club Complex for $49 million in 2020. The new owner is a financial investor.
Following new ownership at the start of 2021, the Club is now led by Club Operations Manager Andrea Faldella, a long-time Troon leader. Andrea commented
“We are excited to showcase our newly upgraded Clubhouse to the members, guests, and some of the world’s greatest female amateur players. Having been chosen to host the 3rd edition of the Women’s Amateur Asia-Pacific.
We look forward to welcoming all to our stunning new terrace, enlarged golf shop with all the best brands, and our new Falcon Bar which is on the 1st floor.”
These are the future enhancement plans of Abu Dhabi Golf Club:
- the golf courses (18-hole championship course plus a 9-hole floodlit course),
- the launch of a new Golf Academy,
- a redesigned swimming pool area and
- additional leisure amenities.
The R&A and the Asia-Pacific Golf Confederation (APGC) recently announced that the 2021 Women’s Amateur Asia-Pacific (WAAP) championship will be staged at the Troon-managed Abu Dhabi Golf Club in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 10-13 November.
Abu Dhabi Golf Club should definitely think about is…
A renovation or an enhancement project is an excellent opportunity to improve the sustainability of a clubhouse for instance. What do I mean?
- Focus on climate-neutral buildings to slow down the negative impact of climate change. See Costa Navarino‘s clubhouse.
- Need for biobased alternatives and circular resources.
- Focus on performance in terms of sustainability and energy use will determine the building’s value.
- Utilize predictive maintenance.
- Utilize IoT to power data-driven digital services. E.g. navigating available parking spots.
- Employee engagement apps are gaining momentum.