How many of you have heard of Normanby Hall Golf Course (18 hole, par 72)? It is considered one of the best municipal courses in the UK. You may have noticed how many things have changed at Normanby Hall Golf Course.
Improvements to the course have included new tees, pathways, and drainage, the installation of a three-bay covered driving range with additional practice facilities, and refurbishment of the clubhouse – as well as a new John Deere course maintenance equipment fleet supplied by local dealer F G Adamson & Son at Langworth.
The golf course is now being maintained immaculately by the new fleet, which includes
- a 2550E hybrid electric triplex greens & surrounds mower,
- 7700A PrecisionCut fairway mower,
- 9009A TerrainCut rotary rough mower,
- 2030A ProGator with Dakota top dresser attachment,
- HPX 815E and TE electric Gator utility vehicles and a
- 3046R compact tractor, plus a
- Tru-Turf R50-11 greens roller and
- Charterhouse Redexim Speed Brush.
Normanby Hall Golf Course senior greenkeeper Michael Burgin said
“We’ve now gone back to over 350 members, and picked up over 100 since we reopened in March after the last lockdown. I believe this is primarily due to the fact that the course is in such good condition now, and the word’s gone around.
It’s come on phenomenally, we’ve definitely been able to step things up to a higher level since we got the new machines.”