A year ago, McKinsey estimated the global wellness market at more than $1.5 trillion, with annual growth of 5 to 10%. Their explanation was people are keen on spending on their personal wellness.
The wellness economy fell by 11% to $4.4 trillion in 2020 (Source: Global Wellness Institute). In the same year, the size of wellness tourism was $436 billion. Wellness tourism was the 4th biggest segment of the wellness economy in 2020.
We (consumers, golf tourists, golfers) interpret wellness in 6 ways:
- Better health,
- Better fitness,
- Better nutrition,
- Better sleeping,
- Better appearance,
- Better mindfulness.
We spend the most on health and appearance (wellness-oriented apparel (“athleisure”) and beauty products (such as skincare and collagen supplements).
Mandarin Oriental, Costa Navarino: nature meets luxury?
This Mandarin Oriental hotel will be the 1st hotel of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group in Greece.
The Mandarin Oriental hotel at Costa Navarino will have 99 guest rooms, including 48 spacious earth-sheltered pool villas, all with outdoor terraces and stunning sea views, along with five restaurants and bars.
Crafted by renowned Greek architects, Tombazis & Associates Architects and K-Studio, the unique design is aligned with Costa Navarino’s sustainable principles, featuring planted roofs blending into the natural topography of the land and the use of local materials.
Additionally, this ultra-premium resort is set to feature
- a 1,500 m2 spa and fitness center with a 25m indoor-outdoor pool and sweeping sea views, complemented by
- state-of-the-art heat experiences and Mandarin Oriental’s signature wellness therapies in specially designed indoor treatment rooms and outdoor pavilions.
The Mandarin Oriental hotel at Costa Navarino will open in Spring 2023.
My questions to Mandarin Oriental, Costa Navarino
- How does the Mandarin Oriental hotel implement the concept of “wellness everywhere” here? Will they offer ‘private wellness’ services in the hotel rooms too? Enjoying wellness services in hotel rooms is gaining momentum.
- How will they align the hotel rooms with the priorities of wellness-focused guests?
- For hotels, the comfort and customisability of beds and bedding is an important point of differentiation. Will Mandarin Oriental offer smart beds? Researchandmarkets.com predicts: The Global Healthcare Smart Beds Market size is expected to reach $880.9 Million by 2027, rising at a market growth of 8.8% CAGR during the forecast period.
- To what extent will you personalize your services? Contextual, relevant and helpful personalization at scale is the imperative in 2022.
- Will you follow any of these food trends: low sugar & low carb diets; plant-based diets; functional and herbal drinks; cannabis-infused drinks and foods; etc.