The BTME 2022 is almost here. It is very likely to be held between 22-24 March with Continue to Learn taking place from Sunday 20 to Wednesday 23 March 2022.
One of the highlights of BTME each year is the BIGGA Welcome Celebration, sponsored for the first time in 2022 by AMS Robotics. The BIGGA Welcome Celebration features the presentation of the prestigious BIGGA Awards 2022.
They reward the innovation of BIGGA members who are at the cutting edge of their profession and any BIGGA member within the UK, regardless of their golf facility’s size, age, or reputation can enter.
The BIGGA Awards provide golf clubs with an opportunity to showcase a greenkeeping team’s success and celebrate their achievements.
The finalists of the BIGGA Awards 2022
Championship Greenkeeping Performance of the Year sponsored by Origin Amenity Solutions:
- Richard Ponsford and the team at Clevedon Golf Club for hosting the PGA EuroPro Tour’s Wright-Morgan Championship;
- Simon Olver and the team at Ganton Golf Club for hosting The R&A Senior Amateur Championship and England Golf’s Brabazon Trophy
- Stuart Hogg MG and the team at The West Lancashire Golf Club for hosting The Rose Ladies Series and Regional and Final Qualifying for The Open
Greenkeeping Project of the Year sponsored by Baroness
- Darren Anderson MG and the team at Bromborough Golf Club for the ‘Leverhulme Project’ that saw the reconstruction of the 17th hole and various other course improvements.
- David Cole MG and the team at Loch Lomond Golf Club for the complete reconstruction of the course, often described as the largest course redevelopment in UK golf history.
- Matt Plested and the team at Stoneham Golf Club for the construction of the Stoneham Academy and various other course improvements.
The winner of the Outstanding Contribution of the Year sponsored by Bernhard and Company will be revealed on the night.
The importance of recognizing & rewarding great work
I cannot emphasize enough the importance of recognizing and rewarding our golf club employees. It is a great way to show your appreciation and keep them motivated.
Try to figure what are your golf club employees’ motivations, goals, and needs and recognize and reward them accordingly. This can create a positive feedback loop.
I would introduce gamification in golf clubs’ reward and recognition programs. It is more fun, interesting, and appealing. For this purpose, you can use digital employee recognition platforms in combination with reward points, digital badges, e-certificates, e-gift cards, etc.
Here are some digital employee recognition platforms:
- Nectar – ideal for teams of 50 – 500. It has got a very extensive rewards selection.
- WeGift – ideal for teams of 25-100. It ensures ensures employees get items they love.
- Kazoo – ideal for teams of 100-250. It makes appreciation, continuous feedback, and growth part of day-to-day work.