This year we can see an interesting HR trend globally. Namely, the increase in internal career moves. HR professionals really like this solution.
When golf clubs a struggling to retain their best talents in various fields and the competition for talents at an all-time high, internal promotion, and mobility plus alumni networks are vital sources of pre-vetted, culturally aligned talent.
It is wise to make the talent journey more fluid. Thus, ex-employees can be brought back on board, and internal talent can fill skill gaps.
Does Troon International have an alumni network?
Troon International – new appointments
Troon International has done over ten new strategic appointments in its portfolio of international properties this summer. Here are the appointments:
- Harris Abdullah who is based at The Els Club Desaru Coast in Malaysia and has been promoted to General Manager;
- Anna Darnell at The Grove, in England, has been promoted to Resort Director. Anna, who joined The Grove in 2005 as an Event Sales Manager after qualifying as a PGA Professional from Loch Lomond, went on to become The Grove’s Head PGA Golf Professional and Operations Manager, before being promoted to Director of Golf and taking on wider leisure-related responsibilities in 2016.
- Lloyd Walton moving to Palmilla Golf Club, Mexico to become Golf General Manager.
- Michael Neider left Dubai (Arabian Ranches Golf Club, Dubai Hills Golf Club, and the Montgomerie Golf Club Dubai) for Hawaii to become the GM of Princeville Makai Golf Club.
- The Cambodian Vattanac Golf Resort‘s new GM is Chris Geraghty (from Royal Golf Club Bahrain), and a new golf operations manager is James Durkin.
- Barry Barnard has moved from Abu Dhabi to Al Zorah Golf Club in Ajman to become Golf Operations Manager under the leadership of General Manager Phil Henderson.
- Stephen Payne has taken up the role of Director of Golf at The Track, Meydan Golf, continuing his nine years with Troon that included The Grove through to being Golf Operations Manager at Montgomerie Golf Club Dubai.
- James Ashman is the new golf operations manager at Montgomerie Golf Club Dubai.
- Peter Holland is the new director of golf at The Centurion Club in England.
- Freddie Rexstrew is the new operations manager at Muscat Resorts in Oman.
Executive Vice-President of Troon International, Mark Chapleski said
“We continue to provide unparalleled opportunities for our associates to work in and learn from golfing markets all over the world. This demonstrates the fantastic growth opportunities that are available to our teams worldwide.
Internal promotions are key to our success, as it allows our associates to develop and thrive whilst helping our own organisation grow simultaneously.
The pandemic certainly paused movements. These are all positive changes within Troon and we celebrate the fantastic achievements of these individuals.”