Rain Bird has added a new IC (Integrated Control) model to its Golf Solenoid Valve (GSV) Series product line.
This new model provides the many benefits of GSV Series Valves to courses currently using the Rain Bird® IC System™ which connects irrigation central control directly to every rotor and valve for optimal water and energy efficiency.
Originally introduced in December 2021, GSV Series Valves are an ideal solution for golf courses
in lightning-prone regions (e.g. Royal Bled, Slovenia), those that use reclaimed water, and those that need pressure regulation.
In addition to the new IC model, the GSV Series includes three plastic models and one red brass model, each with NPT or BSP thread options.
All GSV Series Valves feature a pre-installed PRS-DIAL that regulates and maintains constant outlet pressure between 15 and 100 psi while reducing the effects of water hammer. A waterproof dial cartridge eliminates fogging and binding.
A chlorine-resistant diaphragm protects GSV Series Valves against harsh chemicals and reclaimed water. On plastic models, a scrubber mechanism with a stainless steel screen dislodges grit and plant material, protecting the valve from debris.
Built-in filtration on the GBS25 solenoid offers a second level of debris protection. The plastic and brass valve model comes with an extra purple flow-control handle cover for use with non-potable water.
What to change in 2023?
- Check your irrigation system is as technically advanced as your budget allows to optimize water consumption!
- Review your golfers’ expectations and usage of your course.
- Prepare a turf assessment plan to find ways to save on irrigation.
- Irrigate for playability & turf health, and not for the color!
- Consider using recycled water for golf course irrigation (see sustainability).