When I heard about the new Rain Bird 952 Series Rotors, I wanted to figure out how it helps to save water and how much versatility and flexibility it offers.
Last summer’s big news was that water usage has been reduced by 29% since 2005 (Source: GCSAA). The GCSAA report found that U.S. golf facilities applied approximately 1.68 million acre-feet of water in 2020, a 29% reduction since 2005.
In the following, I am summarizing the innovations and new features of the new Rain Bird 952 Series Rotors.
Rain Bird 952 Series Rotors – features & promises
- Can be set at full-circle (360°) or part-circle arcs (30° to 345°) in just seconds with the turn of a screw.
- Better distribution uniformity, reduced dwell time, and a crisp edge performance for improved playing conditions and healthier turf.
- Self-adjusting stator and a single nozzle set for use across the entire course.
- Consistent rotation speeds optimize performance, while the rotors’ wide range of throws provides greater installation flexibility with fewer parts to stock.
- The Rain Bird 952 Series Rotors‘ internals are designed with Rain Bird’s Timeless Compatibility™, these rotors are a no-hassle, no-dig upgrade for courses with Rain Bird’s 900/950 Series Rotors already installed.
- The 952 Series includes 3 models, including an IC version compatible with the Rain Bird ® IC System™ which connects irrigation central control directly to every rotor and valve for optimal water and energy efficiency. Electric and Stopamatic (SAM) models are also available. All 952 Series rotors are top serviceable with a snap-cover design that allows for quick access to internal components.
Jeff Lawson, marketing manager for Rain Bird Golf said
“The combination of CirrusPRO and our 952 Series Rotors puts more control into the hands of the superintendent than ever before.
For example, together, they provide a powerful and precise irrigation solution that improves a course’s watering time with rotations and ET.”