The new courses have been carefully curated over the past 12 months and are designed to help greenkeepers, turf professionals, and mechanics take their skills to the next level.
The courses offer valuable opportunities for attendees to take away real-world skills and solutions that can enhance the performance of their turf maintenance facility on a day-to-day basis.
Bernhard Academy has partnered with respected golf venues around the UK and installed bespoke facilities tailored to turf maintenance workshops.
Each of the new courses will be delivered in a world-class learning environment at either Moortown Golf Club or Royal Norwich Golf Club in England – in addition to the Bernhard Academy headquarters in Haverhill – and Gleneagles in Scotland.
There will also be an interactive online webinar series, which will be delivered live from the Bernhard Academy in Haverhill.
The new program features educational courses that fall under 2 categories: Management or Technical. Both categories will cover a range of essential topics to help achieve success in turf maintenance.
The Bernhard Academy Management Series is an interactive and engaging series of workshops that will provide guidance to those in supervisory, middle management, and senior management positions, supporting the transition through their careers.
The courses available to book are:
- The power of understanding others: Develop crucial interpersonal skills to foster effective relationships within teams and with stakeholders.
- Using data and information for solid decision-making: Learn how to utilize data for well-informed decision-making in turf management.
- Principles of innovation and how to generate great ideas in the workplace: Explore the foundations of innovation and techniques for generating creative ideas in a professional setting.
- Managing finance, preparing and controlling budgets: Learn the fundamentals of budgets and how to deliver to your business needs.
- Stakeholder communication and engagement techniques that work: Master the art of stakeholder management, a critical aspect of successful turf maintenance projects.
- Learn effective project management skills to plan, execute, and oversee turf-related projects using transparent tools.
- Change – how to prepare and manage effectively: Understand strategies for effectively preparing for and managing organizational change.
- Performance management and unlocking maximum productivity: Learn techniques for optimizing productivity through effective performance management.
Additionally, the Bernhard Academy offers a technical, skills-based course:
- Cutting unit setup and sharpening techniques: This course provides hands-on training in the precise setup and maintenance of cutting units, ensuring agronomic and economical benefits and best quality of turf presentation and health.