I believe that the customer experiences that are most productive and memorable are the experiences that are convenient for the customer (including golfers). Convenience is about creating a situation that saves the customer effort and time.
A PwC study found:
“Nearly 80% of American consumers say that speed, convenience, knowledgeable help and friendly service are the most important elements of a positive customer experience.”
At the beginning of the year or even throughout the year, you are probably wondering how you can exceed the expectations of your club members and golf club guests and provide an impressive customer experience.
We think about so many areas of golf club operations. Unfortunately, for many golf club managers and sports event organizers, the only thing that matters is that the golf cart fleet is technically well-functioning. This is OK.
At the same time, they fail to take advantage of various connectivity innovations (e.g., keyless golf cart fleet management solutions) that can make golf cart usage memorable, convenient, and, at the same time, a new profit center.
Sporting events transportation is popular for at least 5 reasons that people enjoy:
- Convenience: You will get to the desired place within the event area quickly.
- Comfort: you can relax a little bit between two holes.
- Timesaving: today’s golf carts are speedy.
- Socializing opportunity: you can find new friends.
- Environmental/Sustainability benefits: we are witnessing more and more electric golf carts with Lithium-ion batteries. They are becoming dominant in most markets.
During the last Ryder Cup, over 800 people experienced the ultimate comfort of using the IOTee, making the use of golf carts an unforgettable experience.
Another interesting statistic is that IOTee stored over 44,000 individual ride records throughout the rental period.
IOTee’s real-time tracking feature can track as frequently as 10 seconds what is happening on your golf course or any event area.
This helps to increase venue efficiency, enhance fan experience, and provide real-time personalization.
IOTee produces massive amounts of data that golf clubs and event venues can leverage to make better operational decisions and customize the experience for participants.
The data gathered from IoT sources (e.g., IOTee) can be a game changer for golf clubs and event venues when used properly.
Golf cart rental with IOTee
More than 280 golf carts are available for rent. All have IOTee installed. So it’s up to you whether you take advantage of the opportunity or not.
As you can read above, at the 2023 Ryder Cup, the IOTee-empowered golf carts were a big sensation.
Here you see some of the events with rental carts from the Cart Care Company fleet:
- Football-European Championship – more than 80 vehicles will be used at the various venues
- German Championship/IAM Golfers with disabilities (approx. 30x vehicles)
- European Championship/IAM Golfers with disabilities (50x vehicles)
- Abenteuer Allrad – Four-wheel drive adventure Off-Road-Fair (6x vehicles)
- Final Four 2024
- Big Green Egg German Challenge (20x vehicles)
- European Open (51x vehicles)
- Amundi German Masters (51x vehicles)
- Taylor Swift’s Concerts in Hamburg and Gelsenkirchen
You absolutely need to try it out at your golf club! These reasons are more than enough to convince you. Don’t hesitate to let me know if you’re interested, as I’d be thrilled to introduce you to the IOTee team.
This case study is brought to you by IOTee.