Troon was selected to manage Tierra del Sol Resort & Golf's golf operations. It is a premium lifestyle community providing a choice of home ownership and rental opportunities. Tierra del Sol Resort & Golf has a 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones II.
Oliver Riding will return to Tierra Sol Resort & Golf as the director of golf operations. He previously served here as head golf professional for 7 years.
They are planning couple of changes, among them new real estate ownership opportunities, the construction of a five-star hotel, and many improvements already made to the existing golf, villa rental, food & beverage, and clubhouse operations.
I would add some ideas for improvement:
- consistent communication on the website to avoid contradicting contents;
- pay attention also to micro conversions + facilitate them;
- ease booking (tee times, golf lessons etc.) because now it is cumbersome;
- provide digital services (e.g. mobile application for various purposes to provide favorable customer experience and gain extra revenues (F&B, golf lesson, tee time, golf equipment etc.); I assume Troon will implement their well known mobile application)
- Email marketing (newsletters, EDMs) – think about how you can use this communication channel for online communication and online acquisition & retention (see CRM).
- Utilize better social media, by creating shareable content and utilizing photo and video sharing portals since they are more convincing than texts.