The EWGA (Executive Women’s Golf Association; founded in 1991), the largest women-focused national amateur golf association in the United States and Troon announced the renewal of their multifaceted Supporting Partnership. The partnership is designed to increase women participating in golf, grow activities for EWGA members and provide additional value/benefits to EWGA members.
The Executive Women’s Golf Association (EWGA) represents today more than $63 million in annual golf-related spending, according to a recent EWGA member survey conducted by the PGA of America.
As part of the Troon and EWGA relationship, 60 Troon-managed facilities in the United States have joined the EWGA Golf Course Network.
Troon and the EWGA’s Supporting Partnership include the following elements:
- Cross-marketing between EWGA and Troon marketing channels to grow women’s golf activities and participation.
- The inclusion of Troon/Troon Rewards participating facilities to the EWGA Golf Course Network.
- Collaboration on EWGA events and tournaments at Troon-managed facilities.
- Troon support and partnership of Troon – EWGA Hole-In-One Club.
- Preferred Troon Card pricing for EWGA Members.
- Creation of new EWGA “Fun Trips” for EWGA Members to visit exciting Troon destinations such as California, Arizona, Hawaii and Bermuda to name a few (NEW element).
The renewed partnership contract has got only 1 new element in comparison to 2015. This partnership complements well Troon Women’s Golf Month initiative (It is held in every June.).
How will EWGA handle and manage the following challenges?
- the phenomenon of growing single women households. Needless to say, it would also help to grow women’s participation if not just 57% of them would participate in the labor force (and 4% are in CEO positions at S&P 500 companies).
- I go even further, how they plan to support the inclusion of various minorities (Afro-American, Hispanic, LMBT etc.).