The Shire London has announced a new monthly series of business-minded golf events. The new Golf Meets events will take place at The Shire London on weekdays, once a month, until late October 2016. The Shire London tried to come up with a competitive pricing for its new program.
The Shire London’s offer is:
- Fourball prices are just £52.50 per head including tea & coffee with bacon rolls,
- 18 holes on the club’s spectacular Ballesteros Masters Course (the UK’s only complete Seve design),
- a delicious 2-course meal after the golf.
- Existing Shire London members pay just £43.75 per head for Golf Meets entry.
From summer to autumn 2016, Golf Meets events will take place on the following dates: Thursday, July 28th; Thursday, August 25th; Tuesday 27th September; and Thursday 27th October. Each day will also have an optional competitive element, with traditional golf day prizes for Nearest The Pin, Longest Drive and the best overall scores. There will also be a live scoring service for those who like to follow their progress on the event’s leaderboard.
Bookers can each bring up to seven customers on the day, playing as two fourballs. Larger groups of twelve and upwards qualify for The Shire London’s selection of golf day packages.
This is all nice and good, but…why there is no such service by default? I could also imagine a “golf event calculator” (just like the American Golf Corporation’s Golf Tournament Calculator) with a social feature. By providing the date and the expected number of participant the system could tell when could be held such a golf tournament/event + if they are eligible for any discounts & what kind service they can ask from the golf club.
The social feature could provide a double benefit for the golf club:
- Possibly more event booking;
- By using Facebook’s social plugin feature it could also help to promote the golf club on Facebook by showing that John is organizing an event/tournament and who has already approved the invitation (a little bit different, but I think it is worth to mention KLM’s Meet & Seat service).