For the second year running, Las Colinas Golf & Country Club (managed by Troon) has been crowned as Spain’s Best Golf Course in the prestigious World Golf Awards that took place in Portugal over the weekend.
The category of ‘Spain’s Best Golf Course’ is judged on a wide range of specifications from immaculate course conditioning and layout to an exceptional front of house experience and service.
Cristóbal Guerrero, General Manager at Las Colinas Golf & Country Club said, “It is a real testament to the incredibly hard work everyone at the resort has put in. They all work tirelessly to ensure no stone is left unturned at the resort and that everyone who comes to Las Colinas truly has a ‘World Apart’ experience.”
Today, Las Colinas Golf & Country Club offer:
- 18-hole championship golf course
- Extensive practice facilities including golf academy (with PGA qualified Head professional)
- Troon Golf qualified golf staff
- Tuition programs for golfers of all ages and abilities
- Beach Club on the seafront
- UNiK Café and enso sushi bar –>They are prepared for the so-called foodie culture (one of the key trends in tourism today)
- Nature trail
- Farm garden
- Paddle court
- Bicycle rental: electric and mountain bike: just like 8., 9., and 10. all these are supporting experiential tourism and the “fit” for the travel experience.
- Kids’ Zone – play area
- Kids’ Club program
- Multi-purpose meeting and function room.
- Mobile application (only for iOS users) to help to discover the resort.
What should be the next step for Las Colinas Golf & Country Club?
The Las Colinas Golf & Country Club should focus on how could they deliver personalization and standardization. They should think about how can they be unique and empower their guests to drive intimacy and achieve favorable customer experience.
This is why it is not sufficient for instance, what their mobile application is providing (e.g. you can only book tee-time). I move even further, Las Colinas should start to use wearables to provide fluent and informative service.
We should not forget that customers are raising their expectations for customer service. The highest expectations are in the hospitality industry. They want quality time either with their family or with their partners.