Troon International has announced to launch of the first-ever Troon International Trophy, to be held at the world-renowned Abu Dhabi and Saadiyat Beach Golf Clubs (Gary Player-designed) from the 22nd – 24th October 2018.
What makes it unique is that only members of any Troon facility worldwide will be able to participate and contest in the Troon International Trophy. Troon International’s intention with this tournament is to demonstrate the quality of Troon’s international network.
Players will also benefit from staying at the award-winning Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort and Spa, providing extra close proximity to the Abu Dhabi Golf Club’s National Course and an even shorter walk to the range each morning.
I hope Troon International has not finalized every detail of the first Troon International Trophy. Here are some ideas that they should consider to succeed.
1st Troon International Trophy & Event Trends in 2018
- Let’s add local flavor to the event to make it memorable and unique.
- Strive to provide personalized event experience for the participants.
- Utilize live streaming technology (e.g. Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, YouTube Live) to reach more people. Bizzabo found that 30% of marketers believe that live streaming will impact events the most.
- Use social walls and interactive displays.
- Don’t forget to have photobooth & photosharing apps.
- Effortless experience! Pay attention more to potential timesucks like check-ins.
- Customize attendee communication by using chatbots.
- Add experientially-led programs in addition to the competition. It can be boring to experience the regular actions in a hotel or in a clubhouse.
- Troon Community building: Help to make connections among your guests!
- Present added value and exceptional customer experience.