I met with Andrew Davies (Director @ Golf Business Forum, Australia) at the Annual Conference of EGCOA in 2016. He talked with great enthusiasm about their conference project. It was their first event.
For this conference, they were already able to attract 197 delegates. Last month they held the Golf Business Forum 2018, their 2nd conference. In
2018, 282 delegates were involved, representing a 43% increase in delegate attendance.
So it is no exaggeration to say Golf Business Forum is Australia‘s most influential golf business event. I have not found any similar golf business event in Australia in this size.
According to the R&A, Australia is the #6 golf country in the world with 2.1 million golfers.
Forum Director, Guy Chapple told me that delegates came from all parts of the golf industry and included:
- public golf courses,
- driving ranges,
- golf resorts,
- golf clubs,
- local government,
- state government,
- golf facility management companies,
- land development companies,
- PGA Professionals,
- industry organizations,
- golf media and industry business partners.
The Golf Business Forum 2018 was supported by:
- MPower MSL (Platinum Partner since 2016),
- Golf Australia (Foundation),
- Club Car and X-Golf Australasia (Gold Sponsors),
- Toro, PGA of Australia, Soniq, Aveo Group and PGA TOUR (Silver Sponsors).