I have written about The Manor House Golf Club since 2014. This made up mind to check what do they offer to members in 2020 vs 2014.
What do you expect from a golf club membership in 2020?
In 2014, I remember they offered for members:
- If you buy annual golf club membership before 1st April, you will receive 12 months’ membership for the price of 9.
- Those who signed up to the new offer he will be entitled to a range of other savings including discounts in the pro shop, bar, and restaurants, a voucher booklet worth £1,000 of bespoke member benefits – including complimentary overnight accommodation at either club’s hotel – and free country membership at the sister clubs. In short, you get the regular additional benefits.
The Manor House Golf Club membership offer in 2020
Now let’s see what has changed in their business attitude and golf club membership offer since 2014.
The Manor House Golf Club invested more than £130k invested into improvements over the past couple of years. This has included new state-of-the-art greenkeeping equipment, as well as work on the bunkers on the fourth and fifth holes.
Value creation for golf club members in 2020
Members gain priority access to the beautiful course and member-only tee times but are also able to
- enter the busy schedule of competitions, get unlimited range balls to use on the USGA practice facilities,
- preferential GPS buggy and guest rates – including 10 complimentary guest passes a year,
- free room hire for up to 4 parties and meetings per year and also 50% off wedding room hire.
Members will enjoy the benefits that members get across the whole Exclusive Collection of hotels.
The perks include discounts on retail, food and beverage, spa treatments, and even overnight accommodation – including at the opulent luxury hotel, The Manor House itself, and The Castle Inn pub and B&B, which are both part of the estate that encompasses the golf course.
The Manor House Hotel is due to reopen for overnight stays on Thursday, July 9, with strict safety precautions in place, including thorough cleaning regimes and hygiene regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other possible infections.
After going through The Manor House Golf Club membership offer I had an impression that they tried to understand their potential customers.
Assumably they analyzed what their existing and potential golf club members actually need. From now on services surround the actual product (e.g. golf course, clubhouse, etc.) will more important as golf clubs are also competing on experiences.
To be able to deliver personalized customer experience, we must understand how customers use and experience different channels.
All these don’t worth a lot if the golf club management is not investing in employee experience and creating an attractive company culture.
Today the employee engagement rate in the UK is cca. 6.7-6.9%. This is extremely low!