The 149th Open is still far away (11-18 July 2021, Royal St. George’s). However, the North Foreland Golf Club is preparing how to take advantage of this major golf event.
North Foreland Golf Club, located just 13 miles along the coast from Royal St George’s in the holiday town of Dickensian Broadstairs.
The 36-hole venue is gearing up for the arrival of golf fans from across the world by reserving tee times for visitors between Monday, July 12, and Monday, July 19, 2021.
North Foreland Golf Club’s offer
Golfers can play the dramatic downland course, which runs along the clifftops and offers sea views from every tee,
- from just £125 throughout the week or
- as a fourball package from £450 which includes breakfast or lunch, complimentary range balls, and
- a souvenir welcome pack for each player.
North Foreland Golf Club boasts two exceptional year-round golf courses – the Main Course (6,436-yard, par-71) and the Northcliffe Course – complemented by top-class clubhouse facilities.
Some cool facts about the North Foreland Golf Club
- At the end of the 19th century, part of the estate was purchased by Sir William Capel Slaughter, founder of the international law firm Slaughter and May, and where, in 1903, he laid out the first golf course at North Foreland.
- On the death of Sir William, Lord Northcliffe, a newspaper magnate, and owner of the Times and several other publications moved into his summer retreat at Elmwood in Reading Street.
- The club has played a pivotal role in shaping what the game is today – namely, the Ryder Cup, which features Abe Mitchell on the lid.
- The clubhouse features the Lighthouse Brasserie and Lighthouse Bar, both offer delightful views of the golf course, and can host weddings, parties, and corporate events.