Now I see on my calendar that it has been 2 years since I gave a keynote presentation (customer experience as a differentiating factor) in Estoril at the 4th National Conference on Residential Tourism & Golf.
A Hotel in Estoril & hotel trends in 2021
Today I can see five major trends in the hotel industry:
- More-and-more hotels a designed to look good on Instagram photos. All this to incite word-of-mouth recommendations.
- More personalized designs and experiences (e.g. personalized greetings, F&B options, in-room products, etc.).
- Eco-friendly design: hotels should offer integrated green practices in all aspects of their business.
- Smart rooms: E.g. smart room controls, bring your own streaming, keyless entry, mobile check-in & out, soundproofing technology, etc.
- Even golf travelers crave more local experiences. Hotels should incorporate the local area’s character in decoration, F&B, and personality of the hotel.
A Hotel in Estoril – the offer
The A Hotel in Estoril (opened in December 2020) tries to ride these trends quite well.
The adults-only nine-room guest house is less than half an hour from Lisbon and is within walking distance to the beach, the Estoril-Cascais promenade, casino and nightlife.
Starting from just €70 per room per night, there is a range of twin, double, superior, deluxe, and penthouse rooms available.
Quinta da Marinha sales director, João Pinto Coelho, said
“Some guests don’t require some of those extra services you may enjoy at Quinta da Marinha. They want a good location, comfortable accommodation, and the chance to explore and enjoy their own adventure.”
I’m one of those golf travelers who think about their golf vacation the way described above.
- Belas Clube de Campo,
- Golf do Estoril,
- Lisbon Sports Club,
- Penha Longa,
- Pestana Beloura and
- Quinta da Marinha.
Prices start from €168 for three rounds.
The description of the rooms could be more detailed to understand what can we expect from the room.
We have to create meaningful content and provide necessary information to every moment of truth (=moments that have a great influence/impact on the customer).
In addition to this, I would also add a live chat to the website & show the A Hotel in Estoril with video and use less staged photos.
By using live chat you will be able to mitigate the number of lost prospects and improve the performance of your online channel.
Don’t forget people like talking one-on-one with hotels and ready to share with you their needs and goals.
Check out my list of conversational marketing‘s benefits for golf clubs and hotels.
You can be 100% sure that golfers’ expectations will continue to grow as they learn from other areas of their life that technologies are available that can help marketers to personalize their services and products to a very high level.