Srixon has announced couple of weeks ago the release of the new Z Series woods and irons, the latest in the Srixon line of golf clubs. The new Z Series clubs are currently available at select locations, with nationwide (US) availability beginning on November 14, 2014.
It has been known for a while that in 2015 Cleveland Golf/Srixon will focus on Srixon. So here are the changes:
The new drivers (Z745 and Z545) will have cup-face (see picture of Z545 driver below) with titanium body and high-strength 6-4 titanium face.
Common features of the two models are:
- Srixon's Quick Tune System that offers 36 unique settings for loft, lie, face angle and center of gravity.
- The loft options: 8.5°, 9.5° and 10.5°,
- Dual Speed Technology, is responsible for the ball speed and distance by maximizing the driver's rotation efficiency = higher balance-point shaft, lighter grip and slightly heavier head;
- Tour-proven Mitsubishi® Rayon Kuro Kage™ Black HBP 60 shaft and has a MAP of $399.99.
Just like in case of Titleist's AP1 and AP2 irons, Z545 and Z745 irons will have tungsten weight placed in the toe area of the 3- through 6-irons, to produce more forgiveness. The Z 545 and Z745 irons are available with True Temper® Dynamic Gold™ shafts and carry a MAP of $999.99.
Other similarities between Z545 (see photo below) and Z745 irons:
- are forged from ultra-soft 1020 carbon steel;
- redesigned Tour V.T. Sole™ decreases turf resistance through impact for tighter dispersion;
- Double Laser Milling on the face of the irons increases surface roughness for additional spin and trajectory control;
By the way Z U45 utility iron (lofts of 18, 20 and 23 degrees) have the same face material: ultra-soft forged 1020 carbon steel body. The Z U45 utility boasts a tour-proven Nippon® NS PRO 980GH DST™ shaft and has a MAP of $179.99.
The Z H45 Hybrid features:
- Dual Speed Technology;
- HT1770 maraging steel cup face has raised the club’s COR by 13 points for maximum ball speed;
- Available in lofts of 16°, 19° and 22°;
- Mitsubishi® Rayon Kuro Kage™ Black HBP 60 shaft;
- MAP of $229.99.