Smylie Kaufman won the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open held at the TPC Summerlin Golf Club, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
He proved that even a retro golf club (in this case a Cleveland Classic 290 driver from 2012) can bring good results also. The retail price of Cleveland Golf Classic 290 driver was $299.99 in 2012, but today you can get if for $37.
This was his 1st PGA Tour victory in just his 5th PGA Tour start. Kaufman had an eagle and 7 birdies in the last 11 holes of the tournament to finish with an overall score of 16-under 268, just one stroke ahead of six other competitors.
This victory earned him a winner’s check of $1,152,000, while also securing him trips to the 2016 Masters, Players Championship and PGA Championship.
Check out the picture below, what golf clubs were in his bag!
- Srixon’s new 4th generation Z STAR XV golf ball,
- Cleveland Classic 290 driver (9.0° / Miyazaki Indigo 61X shaft),
- Srixon Z-H45 hybrid (19° / Miyazaki C. Kua 83X),
- Srixon Z 745 irons (#4-9),
- Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 wedges (48°, 52°, 58°, 62°).
Kaufman wore a Srixon hat, a Srixon glove, and carried a Srixon bag.