John A. Solheim, PING Chairman & CEO, was honored yesterday with the distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award at the HSBC Golf Business Forum in Shanghai, China. This is probably not new to you. However, I think we should analyze John A. Solheim’s impressive lifetime achievements.
- He was inducted into the Arizona Golf Hall of Fame in 2013.
- Expanded with his father the original factory from a 2,200-square foot building to 25 buildings (50+ acre area)
- Employing cca. 1200 employees worldwide today.
- Elevating the Solheim Cup (founded by PING founder Karsten Solheim and his wife, Louise) to global success and creating the PING Junior Solheim Cup in 2002.
- Changes in the company’s strategy and focus. He initiated to focus on golf club manufacturing and selling off unrelated ventures.
- Another important management change he made was the delegation of authority within the company and emphasizing team work.
- He initiated the implementation of project value and risk management to improve production efficiency.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments!