It is not the first time when I read from a golf equipment manufacturer that they have designed a new hybrid golf club that can replace irons (e.g. Titleist 816H hybrids). Can we say that replacing irons with hybrid golf clubs is a trend?
When I read about the new Callaway Golf XR OS Irons I found 2 interesting (let’s say) options:
- Integrated hybrids for those who want to replace irons;
- Distance irons set designed especially for women (it is still not a separate sub-brand like TaylorMade Golf‘s Kalea): wider soles, graphite shafts, and lighter swing weights.
What will bring the new Callaway Golf XR OS irons?
For the XR OS Irons, they made the Face Cup even faster. In addition to this, Callaway Golf gave a wider sole design to facilitate easier hit and better forgiveness. To achieve this, they even put the Center of Gravity lower and further back. Thanks to the wider sole design we are likely to get more distance out of every impact location.
The new Callaway Golf XR OS irons are coming with progressive lengths and lofts through the set for longer distance off each club.
- Product At Retail Date: 1/22/2016
- Pricing: Steel – $799.99, Graphite – $899.99, Steel Combo Set Pricing – $899.99, Graphite Combo Pricing – $999.99
- Available Lofts: 4-SW
The new Callaway Golf XR OS hybrids
Just like in the XR OS iron, here we can find the same features: larger head shape and Forged Hyper Speed Face Cup. I really like that the XR OS hybrids give you the versatility to hit good shots from all lies, even on the fairway or in the rough. XR OS hybrid has a version for women as well:
- Product at Retail Date: 1/22/16
- Models: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Pricing: $219.99 each
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments!