Do you remember when I wrote first time about the Callaway Golf MD milled wedges in July 2015? At that time, I wrote that the new wedge line is leveraging 3 unique grinds (S-Grind, C-Grind, and the new W-Grind). The so-called Progressive Groove Optimization system that optimizes spin for each loft. This enables us to adjust our wedges to our game. I also said about S-Grind that it is for a quite general usage. It’s great for a wide range of conditions (normal, soft or firm), shot types.
In less than 2 weeks Callaway Golf will launch its MD3 Milled Shamrock Wedges with limited edition design. The special edition wedge will come with:
- Progressive Groove Optimization: The 30V grooves in the Pitching and Gap Wedges are built for shots that require a steep angle into the ball. The 20V grooves in the sand wedges are designed for full shots and bunker shots, and we put in wider 5V grooves in the lob wedges for better control for shots out of the rough and around the green.
- Shaping – a balanced wedge with a high toe profile and a semi-straight leading edge. The weight ports in the back of the wedge gave us the freedom to reposition the weight for better shot-making, especially out of deep rough.
- Limited edition True Temper Tour Issue Black Onyx Shaft, a custom black and green Lamkin UTX Grip, and a lucky clover lasered on the head
- Available Lofts: 50*, 52*, 54*, 56*, 58*, 60* (right-handed only for each)
- Pricing: $139.99 each
- Product At Retail: 17th March 2016.
Now, all we have to do is to ask ourselves whether it is worth to pay an extra $10 and have a limited edition Callaway Golf wedge or not…Personally, it is not worth it for me.