Cobra Golf is further expanding the offering of clubs under the revered KING name. The new Cobra KING F7 set of irons, along with COBRA’s first-ever F7 ONE LENGTH set provides golfers with optimized performance, distance, forgiveness, and control of every shot.
Tom Olsavsky, Head of R&D for COBRA Golf hopes that their “first-ever ONE LENGTH option that will help to bring more consistency and simplicity to the game of golf for all players”.
The KING F7, builds upon the popular KING F6 model.
What are the innovations in the new Cobra KING F7 irons?
- COBRA’s patented TECFLO technology to deliver a set that utilizes advanced cavity construction to optimize the performance characteristics of each iron.
- A new PWRSHELL face introduces a thinner face and sole structure that increases the Sweet Zone and delivers distance, precision, and forgiveness.
- A new Thin, Optimized and Personalized (T.O.P) polymer medallion badge that is lighter than steel, allows the CG to be moved lower to create even more distance and forgiveness.
- Utilized their Progressive Spin Technology and combined progressive grooves and CNC milling to deliver maximum spin for each iron type.
A full hollow design with PWRSHELL face insert in the long irons (3-5) delivers low CG with an extremely responsive face for easier to hit, high-flying long irons. In the mid irons (6-7), a half hollow design combined with PWRSHELL technology delivers optimal CG for more precise, easy-to- hit clubs, meaning more greens-in- regulation.
The scoring irons (8-PW) utilize a traditional cavity back design with wedge spaced grooves for added spin and more control to attack the pins. Finishing out the KING F7 set is a specialty wedge design that provides added versatility and enhanced shot control greenside in the sand and gap wedges.
The new Cobra KING F7 irons are available in:
- both right-hand and left-hand,
- MAP: $699 – 7-piece steel set (5-GW) (graphite available for $799 through custom only); $799 combo set steel – 4-5h + 6-GW; $899 – combo set graphite – 6-GW+ 4-5h;)
- irons are offered stock with Lamkin REL-Black grips and in either a Fujikura Pro 63i (graphite – stiff, regular, lite) or True Temper King F7 (steel – stiff and regular) shaft option.