The new line of Scotty Cameron Futura putters will be available in US golf shops from March 17:
- New Futura putters: MAP $379 | MSRP $410
- New Futura 6M Dual Balance putter: MAP $399 | MSRP $425
The 2017 Futura family melds the best design characteristics of the previous generation GOLO and Futura X lines with Scotty Cameron’s continued innovation in multi-material putter constructions. The result is:
- Futura 5CB, 5MB, 5W and 5S;
- Futura 6M and 6M Dual Balance;
- Futura 7M
What are the innovations in the new Scotty Cameron Futura putters?
I found 3 innovations in the new Scotty Cameron Futura putters:
- Multi-material technology – featuring wrap-around face-sole constructions milled from lightweight 6061 aircraft grade aluminum, integrated with precision-milled 303 stainless steel – moves weight back and to the perimeter, allowing for larger putter heads with enhanced High-MOI performance. These multi-material, high-MOI designs combine with the heel-and-toe sole weighting technology to increase stability and forgiveness.
- A built-in vibration dampening system connects the mid-milled face-sole component to the stainless steel frame of each model, producing a responsive feel and feedback.
- Enhanced alignment options – including milled topline sight lines, dual-purpose alignment (5W, 5S, 6M, 7M), new pop-through visual cues, rail alignment features and bright lines framing the sweet spot – provide added confidence at address.
The new Scotty Cameron Futura putter features advanced stability weighting with two removable, customizable stainless steel sole weights, stepless steel shafts and supple Black Matador Mid-size grips with red and gold accents.
For me, the enhanced alignment options and the advanced stability weighting are the real innovations in the new Scotty Cameron Futura putters.