I think it was September 2016 when the last time I talked about the Callaway Golf Steelhead XR golf club family. Now I can share with you the new Callaway Golf Steelhead XR Fairway Wood clubs (Pricing: $229; At Retail: July 14, 2017). Those of you who can still remember the original Callaway Golf Steelhead Fairway Wood clubs (2010 or 2002 or 2000??), you might be able to recall that fairway wood. Why?
The new Callaway Golf Steelhead XR Fairway Wood is based on the original Steelhead Fairway Wood shape and innovative Hawkeye Sole.
What will you find in the new Steelhead XR Fairway Wood?
- Improved that iconic shape made the head more forgiving and easy to launch.
- Refined the sole to make it even more versatile and playable than the original Steelhead Fairway Wood.
- Steelhead XR construction combines a steel face and body with our J-36 carbon crown, which weighs just
6 grams, which is 20 grams lighter than the XR Fairway Wood crown.
- Shorter hosel;
- The Hyper Speed Face Cup technology incorporates an extremely thin and flexible boundary area to encourage fast ball speed across a larger area of the face for long distance, even on mis-hits.
- Speed Step technology developed from a unique collaboration with aerospace experts improves the head’s aerodynamics to promote faster head speed for more distance.
- Stock Mitsubishi Tensei CK shaft is designed to engineered to deliver the optimum balance of power and control.
A wide variety of lofts are available including:
- 3+wood (13.5°),
- 3-wood (15°),
- 4+wood (16°),
- 7-wood (21°),
- 9-wood (24°) and Heavenwood (20.5°).
- Women’s Steelhead XR fairways available in 3-, 5-, 7, 9, Heavenwood.