Between October 2017 to January 2018 Acushnet tested and validated the new Titleist AVX golf balls in Arizona, California, and Florida. It always impresses me what such golf equipment companies like Acushnet can invent to make us feel like you can’t afford to miss.
Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing said: “the new Titleist AVX golf balls are our lowest flying, lowest spinning, and softest feeling high-performance golf balls…”
Technologies behind the new Titleist AVX golf balls
- Innovative high speed, low compression core technology;
- The invention of a new high flex casing layer enhances speed and controls spin to promote even greater distance.
- The proprietary GRN41 thermoset cast urethane elastomer cover has been specifically formulated by Titleist Golf Ball R&D to deliver premium scoring control with an exceptionally soft feel and long-lasting durability.
- A unique catenary aerodynamic design delivers a piercing, low trajectory while providing a consistent ball flight on all shots.
- AVX is made by Titleist associates in the company’s state-of-the-art Ball Plant 3 manufacturing facility to the highest performance and quality specifications in the industry, ensuring the most consistent performance ball to ball, and dozen to dozen.
- AVX is offered in both white and high-optic yellow.
If you wish to understand the differences between the various Titleist golf ball types then this is what you need to know:
- AVX: Softest, lowest trajectory, lowest spinning, less greenside spin and longest + new GRN41 thermoset cast urethane cover.
- Pro V1x: extraordinary distance with high launch and low spin in the long game, Drop-and-Stop greenside control, soft feel and long-lasting durability
- Pro V1: you will experience even longer distance on all shots with lower long game spin and even more consistent flight, along with Drop-and-Stop greenside control, very soft feel and long-lasting durability.
The new Titleist AVX golf balls are already available in the U.S. The worldwide launch will be later this year. MAP: $47.99/dozen.