To me it is always a big question mark what can a golf tour-player really contribute to golf course design or in this case to TaylorMade P•7TW irons.
Namely, it would OK if this is about custom-fitting of his golf clubs to his game, but this is about new product development.
So, as it usually happens TaylorMade interviewed him about what would be the premium players’ iron set be like.
TaylorMade P•7TW irons – key features
- TaylorMade P•7TW irons are not crafted as a set.
- The emphasis was on precise trajectory control, incredible workability, and smooth turf interaction.
- Each TaylorMade P•7TW iron utilizes many of the same design elements such as blade lengths, face height, CG progression, sole geometry, score lines, and tungsten weighting, etc., that Tiger himself has in the bag.
- Now, utilizing the same machining process used for TaylorMade’s Milled Grind and Hi-Toe wedges, TaylorMade P•7TW irons feature fully milled soles (for the first time ever in a TaylorMade iron) to eliminate variations head-to-head and set-to-set— ensuring absolute precision in every individual piece.
- Tungsten is placed within the head of each TaylorMade P•7TW iron. They deliver a unique blend of feel, flight, and control for Tiger to play his best. Tiger Woods uses precise amounts of tungsten weighting behind the sweet spot of his irons to improve their feel and performance.
- Golfers will begin their journey with P•7TW with a premium unboxing experience.
Customer experience dimension
In 2019, it is not enough to focus on the product itself if we want to impress and convince our potential customers.
Customers are more impressed by the layers of experience around the product:
- Community building: Will TaylorMade organize meetings with Tiger Woods?
- Will they get online or personal bits of advice from Tiger Wood?
- What kind of in-store experience will golfers get around the new TaylorMade P•7TW irons? Modern customers are going to retail outlets for the experience available there and not for the shop itself!
- Are you ready for voice searches and virtual assistants (e.g. Google Assistant)?
- For the sake of sustainability, what can you offer anything to your buyer regarding their old irons and golf clubs?
- To reach out better your customers do you utilize mobile phone messaging apps? E.g. Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber, etc. In 2019 it is expected to be 2.18 billion mobile messaging app users.
- How do you train those people who will sell the new TaylorMade P•7TW irons?
Pricing, availability & specifications
Available for preorder starting today and available commercially beginning May 1.
- RRP of £1,899 / EU 2,199 / NOK 20,999 / SEK 22,999 / DKK 17,499 / CHF 2,599 (7 iron set);
- The TaylorMade P•7TW irons will be offered in 3-PW (RH only) and come equipped with True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue shafts and Golf Pride’s Tour Velvet Cord grips.
- The TaylorMade P•7TW irons will also be available through TaylorMade’s custom program, allowing for numerous additional custom shaft and grip options.