- The launch of the new X Collection, a head-to-toe assortment of apparel, accessories, and footwear.
- The celebration of Rickie Fowler’s 10-year (!!!), trend-setting partnership with Puma Golf.
At first sight, you might think there is a change in the design direction, but it is more about the maturation of elevation of Rickie Fowler’s style.
Instead of vivid colors, we can find a progressive design with classic style. It seems to be a little bit drastic change in comparison to the previous brave and colorful design and style.
The inspiration for the X Collection came from traditional fabrics and patterns of the British Isles (e.g. houndstooth detailing + the colors: navy, green and white).
Puma Golf says that the X Collection blends style elements from its past with modern-day performance benefits.
The previous collections were much distinctive and more appealing for future generations (e.g. Millennials, Generation Z).
I was happy to find that Puma aims for 90% of all cotton and polyester used in its products to come from more sustainable sources by 2020.
At the end of 2018, 50% of all cotton and 66% of all polyester used in PUMA apparel came from more sustainable sources.
The X Collection is priced as follows:
- Causeway Jacket – $140
- Antrim Pant – $110 – The Antrim pant is a premium trouser with a refined fit, designed with a polyester-wool blend fabric and subtle houndstooth pattern and premium interior details.
- Donegal Polo – $85 – Designed with premium, technical fabric, the polo is designed with a longer four-button placket and a front chest pocket that features a discoverable houndstooth accent pattern on the inside, that matches the interior of the neck. The Donegal is available in Bright White, Irish Green and Peacoat colorways.
- MY FAVORITE: Skerries Polo (see picture above) – $85 – Showcasing a classy deconstructed houndstooth pattern throughout the body of the shirt, the Skerries utilizes a premium, moisture-wicking, technical fabric with a rib-knit collar for a sharp, athletic look.
- Dunluce ¼ Zip Pullover – $120 – The Dunluce ¼ Zip, which gets its name from the course on which the 148th Open Championship will be contested, features a premium Pima Cotton Cashmere blend fabric for the ultimate in soft, luxurious feel.
- P 110 X Cap – $30 – An elevated spin on the P Cap golfers know and love, the P 110 X features a raised leather P logo to complement the moisture-wicking sweatband and slight curve brim.
- IGNITE PROADAPT X Shoes – $220 – Featuring the same comfort and performance-driven construction Rickie Fowler has trusted since the model’s debut earlier this year, the IGNITE PROADAPT X shoes come in a classy Peacoat body with Irish Green and Bright White accents that complete the head-to-toe X Collection look.