Do you remember when Tiger Woods won The Masters in 1997 using a Tel3 Newport model? You know the one with 32 white dots on its back and the bronze-colored insert.
Now we can witness the reincarnation of the Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 putter.
Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Putter in 2019
As you can see Scotty Cameron kept the white dots and the bronze-colored insert.
The Teryllium T22 Newport and Teryllium T22 Newport 2 offer modernized versions of the TeI3 models first introduced in 1997.
The Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5 becomes the first Fastback 1.5 designed with a Teryllium insert.
These are the upgrades and improvements in the latest Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 putter:
- Precision milled in the United States from 303 stainless steel and given a tactical matte black finish that brings out Scotty’s unmistakable “domino pattern” in the back cavity.
- An updated Teryllium inlay construction with an improved elastomer vibration dampening membrane combines with Scotty’s removable sole weight technology and increased head weight.
The new Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 putter will be available in 3 versions:
- Teryllium T22 Newport: The overall look, feel and setup will remind you the original design, but with numerous upgrades and improvements – including stainless steel construction, flat topline, adjustable sole weight, lightly-milled Teryllium insert, and new durable tactical matte black finish.
- Teryllium T22 Newport 2: the new version comes with the modern shape and sole balancing precision of a modern Newport 2 Tour model milled from 303 stainless steel with interchangeable sole weights and a flatter topline.
- Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5: The new Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5 incorporates a Tour-preferred mini-slant neck, improved four-way sole balancing for a square setup and a thinner topline similar to the Select line’s Fastback model.
Good to know about 303 stainless steel
It has got a good resistance to mildly corrosive atmospheres. However, its resistance is much less than Grade 304 due to the sulphur addition.
Don’t expose Grade 303 to marine or other similar environments, as these will result in rapid pitting corrosion.
Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 putter – Availability
Limited Release Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 putters will be available worldwide on August 16, 2019, at Titleist authorized golf shops.
Price: MAP $599.