When I first saw the new Golf Pride PRO-ONLY grips, Golf Pride’s TOUR SNSR putting grips came to my mind. Just like the TOUR SNSR grips, the new Golf Pride PRO-ONLY putter grip series will be available in three shapes.
They will be available at retail September 1st and feature a suggested retail price of $12.99 each.
Golf Pride PRO-ONLY grips – innovations
In the following, I will only highlight those elements and features that are different from Golf Pride’s TOUR SNSR putter grips :
- The Golf Pride PRO ONLY putter grip series will feature three different models: PRO-ONLY Red Star, PRO-ONLY Blue Star, and PRO-ONLY Green Star.
- The new putter grips are slimmer:
- PRO-ONLY Red Star grip: 72 cc size and 74.5g weight.
- PRO-ONLY Blue Star: 81 cc size and 82g weight.
- PRO-ONLY Green Star: 88 cc size and 86.5g weight.
- PRO-ONLY Red Star grip:
- Modernized horseshoe shape with an arched paddle front for thumb placement.
- Utilizes a slight pistol kick in the back for hand heel pad placement.
- PRO-ONLY Blue Star grip:
- Angled profile with a wide, flat paddle front for thumb placement.
- Utilizes an angled back shape for comfortable finger positioning.
- PRO-ONLY Green Star grip:
- Oval shape with an arched paddle front for thumb placement.
- Slight upper hand flared back for optimum finger comfort and hand positioning.
Would you agree with the following?
“Many people find it surprising that 70% of the Top 30 putters on Tour prefer a smaller size putter grip. They prefer it because it allows them to gain greater feel, feedback and control.
The PRO ONLY models deliver those Tour-preferred shapes with three uniquely optimized performance options.” – said Bruce Miller, product manager, Golf Pride.
If you ask me, the over-sized Golf Pride TOUR SNSR putting grips will give you better control & feel.