Probably my best running shoes were all ASICS. I must admit that I have not seen in the last decade any ASICS golf shoes.
Is it my mistake?
I don’t think so. I have just checked ASICS UK & US websites to find more information on their golf shoes but in vain.
However, on the Srixon website, I found two ASICS golf shoe models. I also learned that Srixon developed them in exclusive cooperation with ASICS:
- ASICS GEL-COURSE GlideTM,
- ASICS GEL-COURSE DuoTM BOA.
These two models are available at authorized golf shops and golf specialty retailers across North America.
Both shoes feature the same key technologies below:
- Lightweight Frame Work and Flexibility: Air mesh provides flexibility during the swing and while walking the golf course. FlyteFoam® technology by ASICS (55% lighter than the industry standard) provides lightweight shock absorption and plenty of durability for golf.
- Supportive Fit: An air mesh at the vamp and the integrated quarter panel provide a supportive fit, while the internal molded heel counter secures optimal foot support. Additional ankle padding helps create a custom fit that adapts to every move.
- Golf Specific Tooling: The FG traction sole pattern places spikes exactly where they need to be for stability and traction while walking the course. Rearfoot GEL® brand technology by ASICS cushioning reduces impact and increases shock absorption, while Toe and Lateral rubber wraps help maintain balance throughout the golf swing.
They are not the first golf shoe brand that is utilizing the BOA lacing system.
It is a must-have feature of any serious golf shoes that would like to enhance the comfort feeling of the golfer and personalize the shoe by the user.
You can find it in these shoes too:
- FootJoy golf shoes: e.g. Pro/SL Boa, FootJoy D.N.A. Helix Boa limited edition
- Adidas Golf: e.g. adidas Golf TOUR360 XT Twin Boa,
- Under Armour,
- New Balance,
- Puma Golf,
- Ecco: e.g. Ecco BIOM G 3 Boa GTX.
ASICS golf shoes – availability
The ASICS GEL-COURSE Duo Boa model MSRP for $179.99 and are offered in Men’s Sizes 6-12, and 13. The three different color combinations are:
- White/Peacoat, and
- Peacoat/Pure Silver.
The ASICS GEL-COURSE Glide golf shoes MSRP for $129.99 and are offered in Men’s (6-12, 13) and Women’s (6-10) sizes.
The Men’s GEL-COURSE Glide shoes come in four different color combinations:
- White/Polar Shade,
- Polar Shade/Black, and
- ASICS Blue/White.
The Women’s Gel Course Glide shoes come in two different color options: Metropolis/White and Orchid/White.
I think it will turn off golfers who are looking for a more sleek and stylish model. It was a good idea to cooperate with ASICS.
However, the positive image of ASICS might not be enough to convince golfers to switch.